The HONESTY wave is Gathering Momentum!
This is Thierry Koehrlen editor of the On the Road to Honesty for kids’ campaign. I am excited to announce that over 40 experts, authors, and prominent bloggers are contributing content to the largest honesty for kids’ campaign the internet has ever witnessed.
But what does this mean?
And how does this affect you? Let’s face it, dishonesty is rampant not only in business, politics, and sports but in schools and families, too. Have you noticed this same trend? It’s literally reaching epic levels!
So, are we just raising more Madoff, Lance Armstrong, Enron, or VW executives (and other less famous liars and cheaters) without even knowing it?
We must change something about how we teach honesty…and FAST!
Addressing the invisible dishonesty epidemic that is growing around us and impacts not only our children’s future but also our entire society is a must!
The GOOD NEWS is that we all can make a change! On the Road to Honesty for Kids campaign is my contribution to help parents, educators, and all adults interact with children in a more honest and healthy way.
The goal of the On the Road to Honesty for kids’ campaign is to share inspiring wisdom and stories that center around honesty with as many family members, educators, and professionals as possible!
So, let’s start sharing some high quality practical honesty materials today!
Even though some articles address leaders and other adults, the main focus is on parenting, education, and children. This campaign is fully aligned with my vision, and the the launch of my On the Road to Honesty children’s book and parent kit will truly transform lives, guiding as many parents and children as possible to become “Honesty Savvy” and the critical reasons they should do so.
This program starts now, mid-November 2015 and will run until Honesty Day 2016 on April 30th. 50+ articles regarding honesty will be published over that period.
Honesty disclaimer: I don’t personally know all the content contributors, and I won’t have the time or resources to vet all of these authors and to vouch all their content.
But I will read every article and ensure they are packed with unique perspectives and practical tips about honesty.
So, get ready to discover some truly amazing content from authors, experts, and parents from around the world, and enjoy the amazing benefits that come with it all!
Where can you find all this practical honesty content?
All articles will be published here and on Linkedin. And thanks to the amazing kindness of Arianna Huffington, many articles will be published also on the Huffington Post.
Here is the list of truly generous individuals who are contributing articles and social media networks to our On the Road to Honesty for kids’ campaign.
(List in no specific order). ** Click on any name to discover more about them.
- Michele Borba, Ed.D. is an internationally recognized parenting expert and an award-winning author of 22 parenting and educational books. Her upcoming books are Building Moral Intelligence, and UNSELFIE: The Surprising Role of Empathy in Preparing Children for Happiness and Success
- Dan Ariely is James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University, is dedicated to answering these questions and others in order to help people live more sensible – if not rational – lives. He is also the author of the New York Times bestsellers Predictably Irrational, The Upside of Irrationality, and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty
- Mike Robbins is an expert in emotional intelligence, leadership and teamwork and the author of three books, Focus on the Good Stuff, Be Yourself Everyone Else is Already Taken, and Nothing Changes Until You Do
- Bruce Weinstein, PhD, aka the Ethics Guy, Bruce has discussed ethical issues in business and the news in numerous tv shows and has authored eight books inlcuding Ethical Intelligence and The Good Ones: Ten Crucial Qualities of High-Character Employees.
- Marshall Goldsmith, PhD, is a renowned business educator and coach who was recognized as the most influential leadership thinker in the world at the Thinkers50 Conference in London. Worldwide he has sold more than 2 million books. His latest is “Triggers: Becoming the Person You Want to Be”
- Morty Lefkoe is the creator of a series of psychological processes (The Lefkoe Method) that result in profound personal and organizational change, quickly and permanently. He is the author of Re-create Your Life: Transforming Yourself and Your World.
- Jeff Hadden is a ghostwriter, speaker, LinkedIn Influencer, and contributing editor for Inc. Hand author of TransForm: Dramatically Improve Your Career, Business, Relationships, and Life … One Simple Step at a Time.
- Kris Yankee: Kris Yankee the co-founder of the character driven company High 5 for Character. She is an award-winning author of Are You Honest Today? Are You Respectful Today?, Are You Empathetic Today? and more!
- Shaw Anchor has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success. Shawn is the author of New York Times best-selling books The Happiness Advantage (2010) and Before Happiness (2013).
- Jason Greenblatt: Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer at The Trump Organization and editor of the parenting blog Inspire conversation
- Mary O’donohue is a parenting expert and author of the award winning book When You Say “Thank You.” Mean It and of the site www.theheartfeltlife.com.
- Mareo McCracken
- Chuck Gallagher is a Business Ethics Expert, Consultant, Keynote Speaker and Author of SECOND CHANCES: Transforming Adversity into Opportunity.
- Daniella Whyte is a bestselling author, blogger, and podcaster. She is the weekday news anchor of several podcasts. Additionally, she is the editor of the Girls 4 God Magazine. She is committed to helping people live their lives with purpose, power, prayer, and passion. Her goal is to be a clinical psychologist and life coach.
- Rick Wolff: Rick Wolff is a nationally-recognized expert in the field of sports psychology and sports parenting. Wolff has written and lectured widely on the psychological pressures that accompany America’s passion for sports. He is also (co)-author of 18 books, including Parenting Young Athletes the Ripken Way
- August Turak: August Turak is a successful entrepreneur, corporate executive, and award winning author Business Secrets of the Trappist Monks: One CEO’s Quest for Meaning and Authenticity.
- Leah Davies has a Degree from the Department of Counseling and Counseling Psychology, Auburn University. She has been dedicated to the well-being of children for 44 years as a certified teacher, counselor and prevention specialist.
- Thomas Lickona, PhD is a developmental psychologist and Professor of Education at the State University of New York at Cortland, where he has done award-winning work in teacher education and he is also the author of Character matters
- Brian Tuohy is an expert in professional sport games and results manipulation and author of The fix is In
- Carol Kinsey Goman, PhD, is an international speaker and an authority on the link between effective leadership and nonverbal communication. Her latest book is The Truth About Lies in the Workplace: How to Spot Liars and What to Do about Them.
- Annie Fox: Annie Fox is an internationally respected parenting expert, she is the host of the weekly video podcast Family Confidential, an award-winning blogger and author of numerous books for kids and parents, The Girls’ Q&A Book on Friendship
- Hal Urban, holds a Doctorate in education and a post-graduate study in the psychology of peak performance. Hal is the author of six books – all with an emphasis on good character, including Life’s Greatest Lessons.
- Don Peppers & Martha Rogers: Don Peppers and Martha Rogers Ph.D. are the authors of Extreme Trust, Honesty as a Competitive Advantage
- Alex concorde is ‘The World’s Most Highly-Educated Woman’ promotin.
- Barbara Kimmel is Executive Director of Trust Across America-Trust Around the World and editor of the award winning TRUST INC.
- Pamela Rutledge: Pamela Rutledge is an international authority on media psychology and Director of the Media Psychology Research Center. She is the co-author of the upcoming book Exploring Positive Psychology and an advocate for media literacy and using media and technology for social change.
- Jason Jennings is the author of eight NY Times, Wall Street Journal and USA TODAY bestsellers including The High Speed Company. USA TODAY called Jennings, “One of the three most in demand business speakers in the world alongside Tom Peters and Jim Collins.”
- Ryan Holiday is a media strategist and prominent writer on strategy and business and author of Trust Me I’m Lying
- Frank Sonnenberg: Frank is an award-winning author. He has written five books and over 300 articles. Frank was recently named one of “America’s Top 100 Thought Leaders” and nominated as one of “America’s Most Influential Small Business Experts.”
- Ted Rubin: Ted Rubin is a leading Social Marketing Strategist, Keynote Speaker, Brand Evangelist, and Acting CMO of Brand Innovators. Ted is a divorced Dad of two Teenage daughters; he won a landmark ruling in 2010 fighting child alienation by their mother, and continues to do everything he can to be there for them despite the continuing challenges. #ThisDadWontQuit… #NoLetUp!
- Lolly Daskal: Lolly Daskal brings expertise to her work that is grounded in behavioral and psychological principles along with 30 years of experience. She has worked across a wide range of industries and organizations within corporate, nonprofit, government, and business development domains. She is a leadership coach, consultant, facilitator, speaker and author.
- Alyson Schafer is a therapist, author and internationally acclaimed & Canada’s leading parenting expert. She is also an international best-selling author of three parenting books including her latest Ain’t Misbehavin’.
- Rich Simmonds
- Rae Pica is the founder of Moving & Learning and has been an educational consultant, specializing in children’s physical activity, since 1980. She is the author of many books, including the award-winning Great Games for Young Children and Jump into Literacy. In addition, Rae is cofounder of BAM Radio Network, the world’s largest online education radio network.
- Ayse Birsel is a Designer, Creative Director, Teacher, Speaker and Author of Design the Life You Love
- Margaret Paul, holds a PhD in psychology, and is a relationship expert, noted public speaker, workshop leader, educator, chaplain, consultant and artist. Dr. Paul is the author/co-author of several best-selling books, including Do I Have To Give Up Me to Be Loved By You?, Inner Bonding, Healing Your Aloneness and many others.
- Thomas Kolditz, PhD, is the founding Executive Director of the Doerr Institute for New Leaders at Rice University. He designed and directed the core Leader Development Program at the Yale School of Management, served as the chairman of the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership at West Point, and was the founding director of the West Point Leadership Center. Brigadier General (retired) Kolditz served on four continents in his 34 years of military service. His most recent book, titled In Extremis Leadership: Leading as if Your Life Depended on It.
- and a couple of more to be announced…
Most participants on this list also supported the On the Road to Honesty for Kids Thunderclap campaign with 4.4M+ messages about children (dis)honesty sent at once on social media on November 5th, 2015.
Thank you all for joining the honesty movement and making this unique campaign possible.
To ensure you won’t miss one of these amazing articles, I encourage you to sign-up for my newsletter. You will receive via email with article links as well as honesty related tips and bonus for you and for all children around you!